I bloody love chocolate. Always have, always will. This recipe just kinda happened. I basically mixed together some things that I find yummy, and thus my peanut butter protein chocolate was born. The perfect evening treat.
– 100g 85% dark chocolate (I used Green and Blacks)
– 2 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter (I used Whole Earth)
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 1 tbsp honey
– Small handful raisins/sultanas
– 1.5 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
– Pinch pink Himalayan salt
– Any kind of toppings, I used pumpkin seeds and goji berries
1. Pour about 2 inches of boiling water in a saucepan and allow to simmer. Place a large heatproof bowl on top of it to make a Bain Marie, and gently melt the chocolate, peanut butter, coconut oil and honey together in the bowl.
2. Meanwhile, roughly chop the raisins into little pieces.
3. Once melted, remove the bowl from on top of the saucepan and mix in the raisins and protein powder.
4. Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment, and sprinkle with the salt and your toppings. Allow to set in the fridge for two/three hours or until hardened. Break up into pieces and keep in the fridge for as long as you can without scoffing them all