This is an incredibly simple recipe taking less than 10 minutes to make, but thought I’d stick it up here anyway because it’s just the perfect low carb summery dish for an exercise free day. Alternatively it’d make a cracking accompanying salad for a BBQ or any other dish.
This recipe was actually inspired by the suggested recipe on the back of the pack of the BNS, but I changed it a lil bit to make it even better. I picked up these butternut squash noodles because they were reduced and I’m such a sucker for anything reduced, but at 60p who could resist?
– Olive oil (I used chili infused oil cos it’s great)
– 1 small clove garlic
– 1 tsp dried sage (I’m sure fresh sage would be even better, but ain’t no student got time for that)
– Butternut squash noodles (or just spiralize one small BNS)
– Zest 1/4 of a lemon
– 1tbsp pine nuts
– Goats cheese
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan, crush the garlic into it and add the sage, butternut squash noodles and lemon zest. Mix together and cook on a medium heat for about 2 minutes.
2. Move the noodles to one side and sprinkle in the pine nuts. Leave to toast for a minute or two before mixing in.
3. Crumble some goats cheese into the pan and mix well, allowing the cheese to melt a little bit. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve up and crumble a little more goats cheese on top.